For a Student Visa, please, submit:
- A letter of Invitation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or its Regional Office (if the Region you are going to study in does not have Regional Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the invitation is issued by the University, Institute or College on its official letterhead signed by the rector and certified either by the Office for International Affairs of the local administration or by the local office of the Ministry of Interior).
- Your current diploma or educational certificate, certified by the State or Federal authorities
- General health certificate on your current health condition (must be certified by Apostil at the local office of the Secretary of your State and translated into Russian, then certified by the Consulate)
- A copy of HIV test certificate (must be certified by Apostil at the local office of the Secretary of your State and translated into Russian, then certified by the Consulate)
- A confirmation of the payment arrangement directly from the University, Institute or College you are going to study at.
- Your original passport with at least 2 clean, side by side pages to attach the visa to. The passport must be valid for up to 6 months AFTER you planned departure from Russia.
- 2 signed and dated Visa Application Forms (click to download form for US Citizens, click here to download form for non-US. The forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 4.0 or higher, you can download this free if you do not have it installed on your computer.
- Two identical passport size (on white background) photos. Please, write your name on the back of the photos.
- Your payment by money order or cashier's check made out to the Russian Consulate in accordance with your local Consulate's fees (see Consulates Website or call them). Do not send cash or personal checks.
- Pre-paid self-addressed return envelope from a reliable delivery company (FED EX, DHL, UPS).
Assistance with Russian visas can be provided through
tel: +1 (315) 849 5678 New York, USA